Please join me as I bike across Vancouver Island in Sean’s memory to support Yana – an incredible local cause close to Seanie’s heart.
I will ride 1,100 kms from June 15th to July 15th for YANA in memory of our wonderful friend and colleague. We lost Seanie to cancer this spring and I wanted to support a charity important to her. Really big and small donations are welcome and much appreciated.
Donate now: Click Below
- Seanie loved the YANA charity, and it is natural fit for this ride.
- YANA is a wonderful local charity to helps families in need of extra support
- You Are Not Alone (YANA) is a local non-profit society that provides accommodation and funding to Comox Valley families who need to travel outside the community for medical treatment for a child under 19 or for a pregnant mother.
How far is 1,100 km and why this distance?
- It is the same as biking from Port Hardy B.C. to Victoria, B.C. and then back to Port Hardy. It is a long way.
- Well, someone at work challenged me to ride across Saskatchewan to Winnipeg which is 1,100 km. I was unable to join this group, so I came up with my own solution.
As I trained for this experience, I thought of Seanie during my rides. I am so pleased that Brian (her husband) has allowed me this opportunity to do this on behalf of Sean and YANA.
I will keep you in the loop as I knock down the kilometers.
Thank you in advance.